Friday, November 16, 2012

Sometimes the only good part of a day is a cookie

If y'all have been on Facebook then you know about the 30 Days of Thankfulness going on, but if not then I'll explain.  It's where everyday you write about something you're thankful for as your status.  This was the first year I decided to do this.  I haven't in the past because the ones I've seen have been so serious, so this year I decided to do it with a bit of a twist, a challenge.  Instead of writing about random family members everyday or something like that, I have been finding something throughout my day to be thankful for (kinda hard to do when you have a bad day, but there in lies the challenge).

So without further ado, here is my 30 Days of Thanks so far:
 

Day 1 I'm very thankful for antibiotics and amazing cough medicine.

Day 2:  I'm thankful for my husband that has been doing his best to take care of my sick self and trying to stay away from me at the same time. I've found it quite funny that my typically non-sympathetic husband is taking such good care of me and making sure not to touch me so he doesn't get sick, which is quite hard to do in our little apartment


Day 3:  I'm thankful for the kind people, sunrises and sunsets, fall colored trees, and path that I'm on that all reminds me that God is always present and in control.


Day 4:  I'm thankful for the reminder that even when I'm sickly, some teenager at braums will try to flirt with me and totally make my (snuffling nosed, pony-haired, hoodie and jeans, with yesterday's makeup) day.


Day 5:  I'm thankful for an amazing dad that set the mark high by taking me on daddy-daughter dates, 3-wheeling, taught me how to drive, mow, and love God. I wouldn't have found such a great man to marry if my daddy hadn't set such a high standard. I love ya Daddy


Day 6:  I'm thankful for good surgeons, instant coffee, and tacos... Lots of tacos.


Day 7:  I'm thankful that I finally figured out how to separate my 3 component unknown and purify them, for the great friends that helped me figure it out, and for realizing that this big girl organic lab isn't as scary as I thought.


Day 8:  I'm thankful for technology. I don't know how I could keep in touch with great friends far away with out it, or how to study without my Pandora.

Day 9:  I'm thankful for a day with my momma and the wonderful invention of groupon.


 Day 10:  I'm thankful for a great Pinterest Party I threw for my sisters birthday and the wonderful time we had.

Day 11:  I'm thankful for the amazing cold front that blew in and the need for hoodies again.


Day 12:  I'm thankful for our apartment. We may be a little cramped in our 1 bedroom apartment, but I am so thankful that we can afford to live here.


Day 13:  I'm thankful for a little mystery in life. For not knowing what is around the corner and keeping me on my toes while knowing that whether it be good, bad, ugly, or scary God promises that I can handle it.


Day 14:  I'm thankful for cookies. The good home baked chocolate chip cookies, because heaven knows I needed one after my day.


Day 15:  I'm thankful for a pretty cool little sister that turned 21 today.


As you can see, sometimes the only good part of a day is a cookie while other days are filled with good things.  I like the challenge of finding something to be thankful of for each day.  It reminds me to look for the good things in everyday, kinda like a reminder that God is here and is handing out cookies on bad days. 

1 comment: