Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Such thing as a little too much TMI? Probably.

*This will probably be a scatter-brained post with too much personal information about me but...what the hay, I'm typing it anyways.

I haven't blogged in a while and never did finish moving the last half of my thankful post from Facebook to the blog but, man, have we been busy.  The fall semester finished on Dec 14 and I saw one of my friends graduate from TU, caught up with my friend that lives in Boston over way too much Starbucks, and found out one of my friends is pregnant!  Way too much excitement going on. Haha.

This Christmas season was busy and a bit on the crafty side since I crocheted as many gifts as I could since we had/have a very tight budget.  The husband and I had five different Christmases in three days and had a blast at each one.  We played Dirty Santa at a couple of them and I crocheted an ear*warmer for one and it made my heart full that people fought over it and truly wanted it.

And now it's time for the TMI section of this program...
*After six years of being on a birth control (BC) pill, I am taking a three month break off.  We are not trying to get pregnant but I am simply taking a break so I can figure out what my true PMS symptoms are and to hopefully find a better birth control medicine for me.  My hormones the past eight months have been crazy.  I have had major cramps, back aches, head aches, moodiness, crying spells, and I'm tired of it all.  In taking a break from BC I'm hoping to figure out what I am really like and use that to help me find a better BC, since the symptoms of a 17 year old girl are bound to be different than a 22 year old woman.
*And not gonna lie, I want to lose weight.  Trying to lose weight while on BC is tough since the BC is telling your body that your pregnant.  So in turn, your body wants to keep all the weight possible to help support the pregnancy that you don't really have.  Hence getting off the pill will make it easier to lose weight.
*I've been off the pill for about two weeks now and man, I have found a few side effects that I wasn't expecting.  I have acne again. This is no bueno. My appetite has shrunk a little which is absolutely fine.  I have already lost 5-6lbs. This is freakin' awesome. And the biggest surprise is that I'm acting like a  freakin' horny 17 year old boy!  I was not expecting that at all since I never realized that the pill lowered my libido, but the husband is very happy with this side effect. Haha.
*Did you know they make apps for your period? The apps predict your next period, tells you when your ovulating, and has a notes section.  It's crazy and cool...crazy cool.  I'm now trying our three different ones to find my favorite.  I'll let you know which one I like ;)

So now that this is ramble is over I hope you don't think I'm crazy! Haha. 
See y'all later

2 comments:

  1. I loved the period apps!! obviously they didnt work for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome! I've got my favorite picked, now I just have to write about it and wait for an actual period to show up to see how accurate it is.

      Delete